While browsing the web, you may have experienced the annoying situation where a lot of pop up ads appear. You may be got frustrated and tried a lot to stop pop-up ads on your browser.
Many unsecured websites show unwanted annoying advertisements, and it feels hard to get rid of them for safe browsing. Sometimes they’ll force you to install their extensions and gives malware/adware to your computer.
Your antivirus may not work correctly to stop pop-up ads on your browser. Thankfully we have few great ticks to get rid of these annoying popup ads on your browsers.
Before going to the tutorial, first, answer yourself for few questions whether you are encouraging unwanted pop-up ads towards your browser or not.
- Do you visit or download files from unsecured websites which will give you annoying pop-up ads?
- Do you disabled you native pop up blocking feature to stop pop-up ads?
If your answer is ‘YES’ for above questions, then you need to fix the issues which always interrupt your browsing experience.
Just Follow the below methods to get rid of pop-up ads on your chrome browser.
Steps to stop pop-up ads by Enabling Chrome’s Pop-up Blocking feature
- Click o the menu icon in the top right corner beside extensions, and then click on settings.
2. In the search bar type “Content Settings” and click on it.
3. It will expand and shows the menu. Here search for “Popups” and click on it.
4. Turn off the switch next to Allowed.
Allow Pop-ups on required sites.
- Scroll down to Allow and click on Add and enter your required website URL here.
2. Block the saved URL by clicking on 3 dots icon.
3. You can also remove the URL by click on Remove option.
Use Malwarebytes Tool to stop pop-up ads.
Malwarebytes is a powerful Anti-malware tool which helps to scan for dangerous malware. Therefore it keeps your system & browser clean. It gives real-time protection to your system and checks for threats according to your scheduled time.
First, you need to know that pop-ups aren't coming from websites you visit. They may be appeared just because of unwanted software which you've installed. It is equally important to use Anti Malware software along with pop-up settings on your browser.
Moreover., this will help your PC to work fast and help to get rid of pop-up ads on your browser.
follow the below steps to block pop-up ads in your browser.
- Run a full system scan preferably in safe mode for best results.
2. Turn on Real-time protection settings to be safe everytime you browse.
3. Malwarebytes automatically blocks dangerous websites and pop-up ads and keep your system safe.
Uninstall Odd software or Unwanted Software
Windows 7: Goto -> Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
Windows 10: Goto -> Start -> Settings -> System -> Apps & features
Lookout for software which installed accidentally or installed in a package(Mostly installed while downloaded from software sites like Cnet/Softonic etc.,). Uninstall them and restart the pc if required.
If you are unable to recognize the software in the list then it the Software/App which causing pop-ups on your browser.
Additionally, you can use IObit Uninstaller or Revo uninstaller to remove the complete files to keep your PC clean.
Since there are many tools available to stop pop-up ads on chrome browser, you need to choose the better software which is compatible with your PC. Check for Malware & virus regularly and Turn-on the real-time protection.